Now Playing

Sunday, June 1, 2008

23 Weeks


Spring has sprung directly in to summer. The weather is beautiful, the greens have profusely and pleasantly popped out. In fact Kayt says that this is where Crayola comes to pick their greens.
Tomorrow we go for one more ultra sound. This one is in 3D and is the one where they can confirm whether the baby is a boy or a girl. Opinions have been given, some freely and some quite forcibly (names have been removed to protect the not so innocent). The poll shows 60% say not to find out the sex. However, the yes people seem to be louder with their opinions! What to do what to do? I am easy either way. However, I am a weak, weak man. If I get in that office and they ask me, machine and images in hand, if I want to know, I know I will say yes. Then I will just have to yell from the top of the mountains what it is... but... if I don't find out I totally look forward to the surprise. So to easy my conscious I am leaving the decision with Kayt. So If you want to know you have until tomorrow at 2 pm to bribe, manipulate and guilt her into saying yes. I am not sure how much of that she will take as she is in the same boat as me, one day yes the other no, tomorrow will tell.
More updates and baby images to come.

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJune 04, 2008

    I thought this info was fun and great to share with you...

    Baby's Development: Week Twenty-Three
    • Proportions of the body are now quite similar to a newborn although thinner since he hasn't begun to form body fat.
    • Bones located in the middle ear harden.
    • Your baby is able to hear. (Dads, did you know: low-frequency sounds mimicking a male voice penetrate the abdomen and uterine wall better than the higher frequencies of the female voice?)
    • The eyes are formed, though the iris still lacks pigmentation.
    • The pancreas, essential in the production of hormones, is developing steadily. She has begun producing insulin, important for the breakdown of sugars.
    • The average baby at this stage weighs 1.1 pound (501gm) and is 11.38 inches (28.9cm) long.

    Love, Sandi

    ReplyDelete