while to blog compared to my diligent husband, when the babe is hungry... the Mahon household pauses. I am blessed on both ends, that I have a little girl that likes to eat, and the doctor said I have enough milk for 3 babies! Days fly by when measured by 3 hour increments. I have never lived by the clock this much. Up at 8:50, feeding by nine... have a couple hours for breakfast, shower, etc... then feed by noon. There is normally an errand to run between 12:30 and three- but by 2:30 we have to begin the battle of waking the little sleepasourus up! I do my best to walk after the three o'clock feed, but I will admit that a nap won over the walk today. Then before anyone had the chance to say good afternoon we are staring at the clock rounding seven, needing to have dinner before her last feed of the day at nine! Its incredible the days slip away! My nights are far more peaceful than the average mother of a ten day old I imagine. I pump a bottle for the 1:30 feed, and daddy steps up to the plate for that one. This means, that I can go to bed between 10 and 11, and not be woken till 6:00 am when the day begins again!
Stefan, bless his heart.... for any moms out there that have had the privilege of seeing their husband transform into a father, its an experience that is hard to put into words. Its like he has obtained this strength that has softened him. Not sure if that makes any sense at all, but it is the only way I can figure to put it. My husband (a strong man in character)... now stronger.... yet strangely he has a softer consistency than that of a bowl of overcooked oatmeal. The words princess, cutie and other gurgles (from Stefan, not Asia), are among the most popular words that cross his lips. He changes 99% o
f the diapers, and is the first one to jump off the couch to pick up, put down, burp, or do whatever other parental activity there is to be done. The Lord has blessed me with an angelic baby- but also with a husband who continues to show me different and wonderful sides of his character that takes my breath away.
No one likes a show off... I'm sure I could make enough milk for 3 babies as well :p
ReplyDeleteChris.
That's great, its a far cry from the cupcake giving bully i knew
ReplyDeleteWhat a GREAT family.
ReplyDeleteLuv - Dad
Great photo. You one of those joggin' mamas now? LOL
ReplyDelete