This is a collection of my thoughts that I still wanted to capture but could not share with you as we decided to not tell anyone that we found out. I put in this now that I do not believe that neither Kayt nor I will make it all the way to the delivery day not letting the cat out of the bag but, we will try.
June 16th - So "we" caved and found out.
It was kind of cool as the tech thought that she would go "down there" and see if we could tell if it was a girl or a boy. Well there was no doubt for any of us that we were having a girl.
My first thoughts were that this doesn't change anything. I didn't care if we found out or not... I certainly wasn't upset that we did find out but I was holding on to the fact that it didn't change a thing.
It did. Later that day we were shopping for crib sets. Which BTW is Not a fun or easy job to do. I just found myself becoming more and more overwhelmed at the fact that I was having a baby girl. The reality of me being a Daddy was that much more there. ANother step so to speak in the realization that we were going to be parents.
there was quite a few emotions going on and I couldn't really explain them. Kayt just thought I was being grumpy as I wouldn't talk or make any decisions. She was dying to pick out the crib set so we could start on the nursery. We had been looking at all these modern designs. We had both agreed that we didn't want anything too... fruffy or fluffy. None of that pastel yellow or even worse, pastel lime green (Shudder) for us. We had looked at bold designs and really nothing too "baby". As this reality flowed over me I started to want the fluffy... I wanted little baby animals, or ABC's or... who knows what I wanted. Still very against the pastel yellow but I wanted more babyish designs. I wanted my little girl to be comfortable and at home in her crib.
I know she's blind for the first week (or most of her life if she get's her eyes from either of her parents) But I still wanted something that said baby. Needless to say we did not buy a crib on Today.
Hey there both of you. She is just beautiful....I would love to one day have a baby daughter but then a son is just so lovely too. Well if I ever have a baby girl I hope she is at least half as cute as Asia.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations again to both of you,
Mark, Jodes and Ben Mahon xxx
Hannah and I are thrilled for you. Congratulations. As everyone always says the hard work starts now, but God says it too:
ReplyDelete'Husbands, love your wives as Christ loved the church...' (Ephesians 5v25)
'Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.' (Ephesians 6v4)
'Fathers do not provoke your children least they become discouraged.' (Colossians 3v21)
Praying for you.
Felicidades mil desde lo mas hondo de mi corazon, Thousends of congratulations from the deeepest side of my heart, sincerely at this moment I can not think in better parents, I say becase you were kind of cousind for me and from the first day I could feel your tender and love and you didn't know that crazy spaniard in sleepers. I wish your now litle plant the best and if you come to Spain or you want to send her for summer vacation you will know where to find me. KISSSSSSSSSSSEESESEESSSESEES and HUGGGS
ReplyDelete